Updated May 2022
The protection of your personal data is a serious concern for MEGAFastener. This privacy notice describes how MEGAFastener, together with their subsidiaries and affiliates (“Companies,” “we,” “our” or “us”) collects, processes, uses, and protects your personal data and your rights under the General Data Protection Act. The subsidiary or affiliate of the Companies with which you are interacting, luding who owns and operates the online portal, website or mobile application you are visiting, if applicable, is the data controller responsible for the collection and use of your personal data. This notice applies to our interactions with customers, suppliers, potential suppliers, job seekers and any other persons who visit us in www.megafastener.com for all other Companies websites and applications linked to this policy, as well as visits to one of our stores or offices, direct communications, conducting transactions or interacting with us through third-party websites (collectively for the purposes of this notice, the “Services“).
This privacy notice applies to all personal data we collect or process about you. Personal data is information or a combination of pieces of information that allow your identification. Below, you’ll find links to specific sections of the privacy notice or, if you prefer, you can scroll the page to view the full content.
- Personal data we collect
- How we process your personal data and the legal bases of your processing
- How and when we share your personal data
- Cookies and other technologies
- Your rights over your personal data
- Data security and storage
- International data transfer
- Your consent
- Links to other websites
- Children and minors
- Contact us
- Changes to this Notice
- PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
We may be obliged by contractual relationship or, by law, to collect certain personal data, being certain that the non-provision of such data may prevent, suspend or postpone the fulfillment of these obligations.
Personal data we collect directly from you
The categories of information we may collect directly from you lude the following:
(a) personal data (e.g. name, processing (not mandatory));
(b) contact details (e.g. phone number, email address, postal address or mobile number);
(c) account data (e.g. username and password);
(d) payment and transaction data (for example, when you make purchases, respond to offers or provide us with goods or services);
(e) application data (e.g. academic and professional qualifications, information on education and certification, training, professional qualifications, information on work-related skills, information contained in application letters and curricula/CV, and references);
(f) communications (for example, when we contact you by telemarketing or when you contact us with a question, comment or request); and
(g) interest in the product.
Information we collect about your use of the Services
Here are examples of other categories of data we may use about you (see our policy for more details):
(a) Technical information collected from your computer or mobile device (e.g. your IP address, browser type, operating system);
(b) Information about your use of our websites (for example, the pages you visit when using the Services, the search terms you insert into the Services, how often you use the Services and the pages you access before and after accessing the Services); and
(c) Information we generate resulting from your use of the Services (for example, our understanding of your interests as a result of your use of the Services and, if you are a regular or occasional user of the Services).
Information we collect from other sources
The following are examples of the categories of information we may collect from other sources, such as trade shows and third-party platforms such as Facebook, LinkedIn, and YouTube:
(a) personal data (e.g. name, date of birth);
(b) contact details (e.g. phone number, email address, postal address or mobile number);
(c) details about advertising preferences (e.g. purchased products, interaction with online ads); and
(d) details about participation in trade fairs or affiliation to trade, industrial or commercial associations.
- HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA AND LEGAL BASES FOR PROCESSING
We may use your personal data for the following purposes:
- Identification and authentication: We use your identifying information to verify your identity when you access and use our Services and to ensure the security of your personal data. This happens so that we can fulfill our contractual obligations to you.
- Operation of the Services: We process your personal data to provide goods or services that you have requested. This happens so that we can fulfill our contractual obligations to you.
- Improving our Services: We analyze information about how you use our Services to provide an enhanced experience for our customers, luding product testing and website analytics. We are legitimately and commercially interested in using the information provided to us for this purpose, so that we can understand any problems with our Services and improve them.
- Communication with you: We may use your personal data when we communicate with you, for example, if we are providing information about changes to the terms and conditions or if you contact us with questions. We are legitimately and commercially interested in being able to provide you with the appropriate answers and inform you about our Services. We can do this to promote our contractual relationship with you or your company or for pre-contractual measures.
- Marketing: We may use your personal data to send marketing information or to build a profile about you and place you in specific marketing segments in order to better understand your preferences and appropriately personalize the marketing messages we send. In this situation, we have to obtain your consent (e.g. ask you to accept) before sending such marketing messages and to provide promotions, special offers or more defined and interesting advertising messages.
- Conduct negotiations with you: If you or your company provide us with services, or we attempt to do so, we will collect your personal data when you provide us with information about your services or your company and when we conduct negotiations with you or your company. We are legitimately interested in communicating with suppliers and potential suppliers and their staff. We also process your personal data from suppliers to promote our contractual relationship with you or your company or in favor of pre-contractual measures.
- Job application assessment: If you send us a job or job application, we may use any personal data provided in your application. We are legitimately interested in treating and evaluating the qualifications of potential employees. We also process the applicant’s information in promoting pre-contractual measures.
- Exercise of our rights: We may process your personal data to exercise our law-provided rights where necessary, for example, to detect, prevent and respond to fraud claims, claims of intellectual property infringement, or violations of the law or our Terms of Service.
- Compliance with our obligations: We may process your personal data to, for example, perform fraud prevention checks or comply with other legal or regulatory requirements where explicitly required by law.
- Personalize our experience: When you use the Services, we may use your personal data to improve your experience of the Services, such as providing interactive or personalized elements on the Services and providing you with content based on your interests. We are legitimately interested in providing our customers and users with an experience that is best suited to their interests.
We may also make your personal data anonymous in such a way that you cannot be identified by us or any other company, and we may use this anonymous information for any other purpose.
- HOW AND WHEN WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We do not share, sell, exchange or rent your personal data to unrelated third parties for marketing purposes. We may share your personal data with third parties in the following cases:
- Service providers and business partners: We may share your personal data with our service providers and business partners who provide us with marketing services and other business operations for the purposes set out above. For example, we may partner with companies to process secure payments, fulfill orders, optimize services, provide online behavioral advertising, send newsletters and marketing messages, support email and messaging services, and analyze information. These service providers and business partners may lude advertising agencies and fraud prevention agencies that will use your personal data only in the forms described in this policy.
- Group companies: MEGAFastener. works closely with other companies and companies belonging to the MEGAFastener group. We may share certain information such as contact information, financial account information, negotiations and communications with other MEGAFastener group companies for marketing, security, product optimization and internal reporting purposes. We do this for the purposes set out above, always with your consent.
- When required by law: We may share your personal data with law enforcement authorities, courts, other government authorities or third parties where we believe it is necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, or otherwise to protect our rights or the rights of others.
- In the context of a negotiation: We may share your personal data with potential business partners, service providers, consultants and other third parties linked to the payment, negotiation or conclusion of a business transaction where we are acquired or merged with another company or sell or transfer all or part of our assets or business. If such sale or transfer occurs, we will use all reasonable efforts to compel the entity to which we transfer your personal data to use it in a manner that is consistent with this Privacy Notice.
- As requested by you: We may share your information with third parties to respond to your requests. For example, if you request pricing information for a product that we do not sell directly to end users, we may forward your request to a third party who does so in order to respond to your direct query.
We will endeavor to impose contractual obligation on recipients of your personal information to ensure that they process your personal information within the scope of your consent to us or other lawful basis under applicable law, and we will endeavor to ensure the recipients comply with our security standards to make sure your personal information is protected.
- COOKIES AND OTHER TECHNOLOGIES
If you do not want your information to be stored by cookies, you can configure your browser to always reject these cookies or ask each time whether you want to accept them or not. However, you should understand that choosing to reject cookies can reduce the performance and functionality of our websites. Your browser documentation ludes precise instructions explaining how to set cookie acceptance. Although at this time the Companies ‘ websites do not recognize automated browser signals regarding tracking mechanisms, such as instructions to “do not track”, you may generally express your privacy preferences regarding the use of most cookies and similar technologies through your web browser.
- YOUR RIGHTS OVER YOUR PERSONAL DATA
In accordance with the laws of certain countries or states, you may, where applicable, have certain rights in relation to the personal data we keep about you, subject to local laws. This may lude the rights to access, correct, delete, restrict or contest our use of you, or receive an electronic copy of your personal data. Whenever you give your consent to any use of personal data, you may withdraw that consent at any time. You may also have the right to lodge a complaint with the National Data Protection Authority (ANPD). Even in countries where you do not have such rights, you may have the ability to review, correct or update some of your personal data by contacting us through the information provided below. If you wish to discuss or exercise any rights you may have under the legal framework, please contact us at the contacts indicated below. Please note that we may request your additional information to fulfill your own requests. You can also unsubscribe from emails you receive from us by following the unsubscribe link in the email or by sending an email to the contact information below.
The CCPA provides California residents (“consumers”) with the following rights:
- Right to Know: Consumers have a right to request information about the categories of personal information we have collected, used, sold, and disclosed about them, and the categories of third parties with whom we have shared their personal information. Consumers also have a right to request that we disclose the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about them with certain exceptions.
- Right to Delete: Consumers have a right to request the deletion of personal information that we have collected from them, though certain exceptions may
- Right to Opt-out of Sales: California law treats disclosures of personal information in exchange for valuable consideration as “sales.” Consumers have the right to opt-out of such sales. As stated above, MEGAFastener’s disclosures of personal information do not constitute a sale under the CCPA.
- Non-Discrimination: We may not discriminate against you for exercising your rights under the We may, however, provide a different level of service or charge a different rate if the difference is reasonably related to the value of your information.
Please note that the CCPA ludes an exemption for certain personal information that is collected in a business-to-business (“B2B”) context. Therefore, the rights described above do not apply to personal data that is subject to the B2B exception. Also, for California job applicants, employees, and former employees of our US MEGAFastener affiliates, separate notices and policies exist which inform them about our activities and their rights under the CCPA with respect to their personal information.
If you are a California resident, or an authorized agent acting on behalf of a California resident, and would like to exercise your right to know or delete, please email Support@megafastener.com or submit a CCPA Data Privacy request via MEGAFastener’s global hotline at 1-888-858-5168 ext. 710. All CCPA requests must provide sufficient information for us to reasonably verify the identity of the person making the request, therefore we require that you provide us two or three pieces of personal information which we will match to personal information we maintain in our records. Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf (i.e., your authorized agent), may make a request related to your personal information. We may require an authorized agent to provide verification that they are acting on your behalf when they submit a request related to your personal information.
- DATA SECURITY AND STORAGE
We have security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of information under our control. We retain your personal data for as long as we have a relationship with you and for as long as necessary for legitimate business purposes. We take into account our legal obligations when deciding how long we will retain your personal data after the end of our relationship with you. We may also retain records to investigate or defend against possible lawsuits.
- INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFER
Your personal data may be transferred, stored and processed in a country that is not considered to be one that provides the same level of protection of personal data as the laws of your country and may be available to the government of those countries under the legislation, in a request made in those countries. We implement appropriate safeguards (such as contractual commitments) in accordance with applicable legal requirements to provide adequate safeguards for your personal data. For more information on the appropriate safeguards in place and to obtain a copy of these safeguards, please contact us at the contact information provided for in this document.
- YOUR CONSENT
By using this site and, to the extent permitted by applicable law, you are aware of our policies and the terms and conditions described herein. You are aware that any comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate any third party right, luding copyright, trademarks, privacy or other personal or property rights. You are also aware that any comments submitted by you to the Site will not or will contain slanderous or otherwise illegal, abusive or obscene material. You are and will remain solely responsible for the content of any comments you submit.
Any comments, suggestions, ideas or other communications sent by you will become and remain the exclusive property of the Companies. We shall have the right to use, reproduce, disclose and distribute any material submitted by you for any purpose, without restriction and without payment in any way. Do not send comments or materials that you do not wish to give us.
- LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
This site may contain links to websites controlled and operated by other entities, luding our business partners and suppliers of the Companies. Companies are not responsible for the content, privacy or security practices of any other site. We recommend that you review the privacy practices of these sites when visiting them.
The Companies make no statement regarding the content or accuracy of the materials on such third-party websites. If you decide to access the linked third-party websites, you do so at your own risk. The Companies shall not, however, be part of any contract entered into by you, the user and any third party as a result of contact with the sites linked to this site and therefore do not in any way guarantee the performance of any third party under any contract. You hereby disclaim the Companies and their affiliates from any damages you, and agree not to make any claim against the Companies arising out of the use of these third-party products or services, or from the breach of any third-party agreement.
- CHILDREN AND MINORS
Companies make no active effort to collect personal data from children under the age of 18 and do not wish to receive such information.
- CONTACT US
The Companies are responsible controllers for personal data that are collected and processed. If you have questions or questions about how your personal data has been used, please contact us at Support@megafastener.com
We are committed to working with you to obtain a fair solution to any privacy complaint or concern. If, however, you believe that we have not been able to help you with your complaint or concern, you may have the right to make a complaint to the National Data Protection Authority (ANPD).
- CHANGES OF THIS NOTICE
We may modify or update this privacy notice from time to time. If we make any revisions that significantly alter the way we process your personal data, we will notify you of those changes before applying it to personal data. To the extent permitted by applicable law, continued use of this site after posting any addition, modification or change will constitute your science. As such, periodically check these Notices to be informed of any changes.
for example, when you create a user account, register for and use our Apps, sign up to receive literature or electronic communications, submit an order, contact us with a support request, participate in customer forums and training, submit surveys, or enter contests or other promotions.
- We collect Personal Information from you offline, e.g., when you visit our facilities. contact us on the phone, or attend our live or virtual events, such as trade shows.
- From Other Sources
- We receive your Personal Information from other sources, for example, our strategic partners, when they share the information with us.
We need to collect Personal Information in order to provide the requested Services to you.
Use of Personal Information
We and our service providers use Personal Information for legitimate business purposes including:
- Providing the functionality of the Services and fulfilling your requests
- To provide the Services’ functionality to you, such as arranging access to your registered account, and providing you with related customer service
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, when you contact us via one of our online contact forms or otherwise, for example, when you send us questions, suggestions, compliments or complaints, or when you request a quote for or other information about our products and offerings
- To supply any products, literature, or services you have requested, and provide you with related customer service
- To complete your transactions, and provide you with related customer service
- To send administrative information to you, such as changes to our terms, conditions and policies
We will engage in these activities to manage our contractual relationship with you and/or to comply with a legal obligation.
- Providing you with our newsletter and/or other marketing materials and facilitating social sharing
- To send you marketing related emails, with information about our services, new products and other news about our company
- To facilitate social sharing functionality that you choose to use
We will engage in this activity with your consent or where we have a legitimate interest.
- Analysis of Personal Information for business reporting and providing personalized services
- To analyze or predict our users’ preferences in order to prepare aggregated trend reports on how our Services and digital content are used, so we can improve our Services
- To better understand you, so that we can personalize our interactions with you and provide you with information and/or offers tailored to your interests
- To better understand your preferences so that we can deliver content via our Services that we believe will be relevant and interesting to you
We will provide personalized services based on our legitimate interests, and with your consent to the extent required by applicable law.
- Allowing you to participate in surveys, contests, or other promotions
- We may offer you the opportunity to participate in a survey or other promotion.
- Some of these promotions have additional rules containing information about how we will use and disclose your Personal Information.
We use this information to manage our contractual relationship with you.
- Aggregating and/or anonymizing Personal Information.
- We may aggregate and/or anonymize Personal Information so that it will no longer be considered Personal Information. We do so to generate other data for our use, which we may use and disclose for any purpose.
- Accomplishing our business purposes.
- For data analysis, for example, to improve the efficiency of our Services and to analyze market trends
- For audits, to verify that our internal processes function as intended and are compliant with legal, regulatory or contractual requirements
- For fraud and security monitoring purposes, for example, to detect and prevent cyberattacks or attempts to commit identity theft
- For developing new products and services
- For enhancing, improving, or modifying our current products and services
- For identifying usage trends, for example, understanding which parts of our Services are of most interest to users
- For determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, so that we can adapt our campaigns to the needs and interests of our users
- For operating and expanding our business activities, for example, understanding which parts of our Services are of most interest to our users so we can focus our energies on meeting our users’ interests
- For providing user requested training on our products and services
We engage in these activities to manage our contractual relationship with you, to comply with a legal obligation, and/or because we have a legitimate interest.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We disclose Personal Information:
- To our third party service providers, to facilitate services they provide to us.
- These can include providers of services such as website hosting, data analysis, order fulfillment, marketing of our products and Services, managing and delivering email communications, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, auditing, and other services.
- To third parties, to permit them to send you marketing communications, consistent with your choices.
- To third-party sponsors of surveys, contests, and similar promotions.
- Some of these activities may have rules that contain additional information about how we collect, use, and disclose Personal Information in connection with the activity, so please read the rules before choosing to participate.
Other Uses and Disclosures
We also use and disclose your Personal Information as necessary or appropriate, especially when we have a legal obligation or legitimate interest to do so:
- To comply with applicable law and regulations.
- This can include laws outside your country of residence.
- To cooperate with public and government authorities.
- To respond to a request or to provide information we believe in good faith is necessary
- These can include authorities outside your country of residence.
- To cooperate with law enforcement.
- For example, when we respond to law enforcement requests and orders or provide information we believe in good faith is necessary
- For other legal reasons.
- To enforce our terms and conditions; and
- To protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others.
- In connection with a sale or business transaction.
- We have a legitimate interest in disclosing or transferring your Personal Information to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
“Other Information” is any information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an identifiable individual such as:
- Browser and device information
- App and Website usage data
- Design details submitted through use of our Apps
- Information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies
- IP address
- Information that has been aggregated in a manner such that it no longer reveals your specific identity
If we are required to treat Other Information as Personal Information under applicable law, then we may use and disclose it for the purposes for which we use and disclose Personal Information as detailed in this Policy.
Collection of Other Information
We and our service providers may collect Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through your browser or device:
- Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your IP address, computer type (Windows or Mac), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, internet browser type and version and the name and version of the Services (such as the App) you are using. We use this information to ensure that the Services function properly.
- Through your use of the Apps
- When you download and use an App, we and our service providers may track and collect usage data, such as the date and time the App on your device accesses our servers, your traffic patterns, and what information and files have been downloaded to the App based on your IP address.
- Using cookies
- Using web beacons and other similar technologies
- Web beacons (also known as pixel tags and clear GIFs) may be used to, among other things, track the actions of users of the Services (including email recipients), measure the success of our marketing campaigns, and compile statistics about usage of the Services and response rates.
- Web beacons (also known as pixel tags and clear GIFs) may be used to, among other things, track the actions of users of the Services (including email recipients), measure the success of our marketing campaigns, and compile statistics about usage of the Services and response rates.
- IP Address
- Your IP address is automatically assigned to your computer by your internet service provider. An IP address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user accesses the Services, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP addresses is standard practice and is done automatically by many websites, applications and other services. We use IP addresses for purposes such as calculating usage levels, diagnosing server problems and administering the Services.
- Physical Location
- We may collect the physical location of your device by, for example, using satellite, cell phone tower or WiFi signals. We may use your device’s physical location to provide you with personalized location-based services and content. In some instances, you may be permitted to allow or deny such uses and/or sharing of your device’s location, but if you do, we may not be able to provide you with the applicable personalized services and content.
Uses and Disclosures of Other Information
We may use and disclose Other Information for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. In some instances, we may combine Other Information with Personal Information. If we do, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information as long as it is combined.
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal Information within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below.
CHOICES AND ACCESS
Your choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Information
We give you choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Information for marketing purposes. You may opt-out from:
- Receiving electronic communications from us: If you no longer want to receive marketing- related emails from us on a going-forward basis, you may opt-out by clicking on the opt-out link in an electronic communication from us.
- Our sharing of your Personal Information with affiliated third parties for their direct marketing purposes. If you would prefer that we discontinue sharing your Personal Information on a going-forward basis with affiliated third parties for their direct marketing purposes, you may opt out of this sharing by emailing: email@example.com.
- Our sharing of your Personal Information with unaffiliated third parties for their direct marketing purposes. If you would prefer that we discontinue sharing your Personal Information on a going-forward basis with unaffiliated third parties for their direct marketing purposes, you may opt out of this sharing by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt-out of receiving marketing-related emails from us, we may still send you important administrative messages, from which you cannot opt-out.
How you can access, change or delete your Personal Information
If you would like to request to review, correct, update, suppress, restrict or delete Personal Information, object to the processing of Personal Information, or if you would like to request to receive an electronic copy of your Personal Information for purposes of transmitting it to another company (to the extent these rights are provided to you by applicable law), you may submit your request by email or postal mail at the addresses provided in the “Contacting Us” section below. We will respond to your request consistent with applicable law.
In your request, please make clear what Personal Information you would like to have changed or whether you would like to have your Personal Information suppressed from our database. For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the Personal Information associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting a change or deletion (e.g., when you make a purchase or enter a promotion, you may not be able to change or delete the Personal Information provided until after the completion of such purchase or promotion).
We retain Personal Information for as long as needed or permitted in light of the purpose(s) for which it was obtained and consistent with applicable law.
The criteria used to determine our retention periods include:
- The length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you and provide the Services to you (for example, for as long as you have an account with us or keep using the Services);
- Whether there is a legal obligation to which we are subject (for example, certain laws require us to keep records of your transactions for a certain period of time before we can delete them); or
- Whether retention is advisable in light of our legal position (such as in regard to applicable statutes of limitations, litigation or regulatory investigations).
In addition, we are not responsible for the information collection, use, disclosure or security policies or practices of other organizations, such as Facebook, Apple, Google, or any other app developer, app provider, social media platform provider, operating system provider, wireless service provider or device manufacturer, including with respect to any Personal Information you disclose to other organizations through or in connection with the Apps or our Social Media Pages.
Third Party Advertising
We may use third-party advertising companies to serve advertisements regarding goods and services that may be of interest to you when you access and use the Services and other websites or online services.
USE OF SERVICES BY MINORS
The Services are not directed to individuals under the age of sixteen (16), and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from individuals under 16.
Unless we request it, we ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive Personal Information (e.g., social security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, criminal background or trade union membership) on or through the Services or otherwise to us.
JURISDICTION AND CROSS-BORDER TRANSFER
Your Personal Information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers, and by using the Services you understand that your information will be transferred to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may have data protection rules that are different from those of your country. In certain circumstances, courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies or security authorities in those other countries may be entitled to access your Personal Information.
Some of the non-EEA countries are recognized by the European Commission as providing an adequate level of data protection according to EEA standards (the full list of these “specified countries” is availablele at: https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/data-transfers-outside-eu/adequacy-protection-personal-data-non-eu-countries_en). The UK recognizes the EEA and the specified countries as providing an adequate level of data protection according to UK standards. For transfers from the EEA or the UK to countries not considered adequate by the European Commission or the UK government (as applicable), we have put in place adequate measures where necessary, such as standard contractual clauses adopted by the relevant authority to protect your Personal Information. You may obtain a copy of these measures by contacting in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION REGARDING THE EEA AND THE UK
- You may also contact our Data Security Lead (DSL) responsible for your country or region, if applicable. For a list of DSLs, please email email@example.com.
- You may lodge a complaint with a data protection authority for your country or region or where an alleged infringement of applicable data protection law occurs. A list of EEA data protection authorities is available at http://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/article29/item-detail.cfm?item_id=612080. Information about the UK data protection authority is available here: https://ico.org.uk.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION REGARDING CALIFORNIA
Pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA“), we are providing the following details regarding the categories of Personal Information that we collect, use and disclose about California residents. This CCPA section does not apply to our job applicants, employees, contractors, owners, directors, or officers where the Personal Information we collect about those individuals relates to their current, former, or potential role with us. Under the CCPA, “Personal Information” is information that identifies, relates to, or could reasonably be linked with a particular California resident or household.
Collection and Disclosure of Personal Information
The following chart details which categories of Personal Information about California residents we plan to collect, as well as which categories of Personal Information we have collected and disclosed for our operational business purposes in the preceding 12 months.
|Categories of Personal Information||Disclosed to Which Categories of Third Parties for Operational Business Purposes|
|Identifiers, such as name, contact information, IP address and other online identifiers||Our affiliates; trusted third-party service providers; third parties, to permit them to send you marketing communications, consistent with your choices.|
|Personal information, as defined in the California customer records law, such as name, and contact information||Our affiliates; trusted third-party service providers; third parties, to permit them to send you marketing communications, consistent with your choices.|
|Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law, such as age and gender||Our affiliates; trusted third-party service providers.|
|Commercial information, such as transaction information and purchase history||Our affiliates; trusted third-party service providers.|
|Internet or network activity information, such as browsing history and interactions with our website and software applications||Our affiliates; trusted third-party service providers; third parties, to permit them to send you marketing communications, consistent with your choices.|
|Geolocation data, such as device location and approximate location derived from IP address||Our affiliates; trusted third-party service providers|
Use of Personal Information
We do not sell and have not sold Personal Information in the preceding 12 months, as “sale” is defined in the CCPA. We do not sell the Personal Information of minors under 16 years of age.
CCPA Rights and Requests
If you are a California resident, you may request that we:
- Disclose to you the following information covering the 12 months preceding your request:
- The categories of Personal Information we collected about you and the categories of sources from which we collected such Personal Information;
- The specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you;
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting (if applicable) Personal Information about you; and
- The categories of Personal Information about you that we otherwise shared or disclosed, and the categories of third parties with whom we shared or to whom we disclosed such Personal Information (if applicable).
- Delete Personal Information we collected from you.
To make a request for the disclosures or deletion described above, please contact us at (888) 858-5168 EXT:710 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We will verify and respond to your request as described above in “Your Rights and Choices Available to You” and consistent with applicable law, taking into account the type and sensitivity of the Personal Information subject to the request. We may need to request additional Personal Information from you, such as name, email address, and contact information, in order to verify your identity and protect against fraudulent requests. If you maintain a password-protected account with us, we may verify your identity through our existing authentication practices for your account and require you to re-authenticate yourself before disclosing or deleting your Personal Information. If you make a deletion request, we may ask you to verify your request before we delete your Personal Information.
You have the right to be free from unlawful discrimination for exercising your rights under the CCPA.